- Waterloo, ON or Sunnyvale, CA
- 8+ Years
Nuvation is seeking an experienced project/program manager with a background handling both large engineering services design projects and multiple concurrent projects. Strength in business and project management skills is of primary importance, with a technology background appropriate to our field (electronic product development).
Project/Program Management –
Ownership for overall results of projects and programs, as measured by customer delight, team engagement, project profitability, technical success, and schedule achievement. Working with system architects and technical leads, activities include project planning, budgeting, risk assessments, requirements discovery, resource assignments, and all project management activities.
Customer Interaction –
This position will have direct and constant communication with our customers. A key success factor for the role is effective customer communication to manage expectations and avoid surprises. Active customer programs are the responsibility of the Program Manager, including all ongoing commercial aspects (financial authorization, invoicing, and related). The Program Manager is also responsible for identifying our customer’s needs for future projects and working with our Sales Directors to position Nuvation to meet those needs.
Process Development –
In addition to actively managing projects/programs, this person will also have a secondary activity to work with other Program Managers to create and continuously advance processes at Nuvation.
Personnel Leadership –
With involvement across many groups of people, this position will be a key leader in the results of our engineering group. This position is not expected to have direct functional management responsibility for staff, but will be expected to be a leader for results and service to our customers.
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in this area will affect your success both in the interview process and in a position at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- Rapid learner and multi-tasker
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Estimation and critical thinking
- Independent and self-managing when needed
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication
- Desire to work and collaborate with teams
- Focused on results with quality
- Self-directed and continuous learner
- Passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- Hands-on and practical
- Enjoy mentoring and encourage peer review on their work
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in Engineering or an Engineering-related field
- Education, training, or equivalent in a project management methodology such as PMI
- Experience in a billable services environment
- An engaging and charismatic leader that customers want to hire and engineers want to work with!
- Experience in fast-paced project environments where days matter
- A technical implementation background is not necessary for this role, however the ability to do so is an asset
- While not expected to review and contribute to system architecture directly, experience in providing knowledgeable input on a project is valued.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in electronic product development process utilizing custom hardware, embedded software, and programmable logic
Program Management –
– Ability to oversee a collection of related projects with a total of > 9000 engineering hours
- Including Cost, schedule, and final program success
- Identify opportunities and potential threats in a group of projects
– Familiar with project tracking methods as related to Earned Value
- Estimating, Forecasting, and Performance Indices
- Ability to effectively communicate on-going performance with project managers/teams
– Experience with handling project risks and making decisions to minimize impact
– Have a process improvement mentality toward Project Management processes, and the ability to share that knowledge with the team
– Skilled in working with Customer’s Program/Project Managers
Account/Customer Management –
– Display experience in being the link between project teams and the customer
- Understanding of technical decisions which have impact on the project outcome with the customer
- Manage Customer Contractual requirements documentation
- Customer issue management and escalation requirements
- Financial authorization/invoicing management
- Scope change management
- Tracking and understanding of customer’s satisfaction and loyalty
– Represent the needs of the customer in internal Project Management meetings
We offer competitive salaries with health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced, yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers.
Nuvation provides project-based engineering design services alongside manufacturing engineering and battery management products. In business since 1997, we are headquartered in Silicon Valley, California and have a full design center in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. For more details please see www.nuvation.com/about-us.