Nuvation’s diversely skilled FPGA teams bring broad FPGA development expertise to projects in areas including video, high-speed memory interfaces, PCIe, advanced algorithm development, and embedded software. As a turnkey product design firm we design custom FPGA boards and also integrate our FPGA designs with existing client hardware.
The Nuvation Advantage: Proven Design Methodology
We have continuously refined our design methodology over our 17 years in business to solidify design requirements, shorten development cycles, and identify potential design issues early.
Our methodology has allowed us to exceed customer expectations and keep our FPGA projects on schedule and on budget. Before beginning any FPGA project we thoroughly document the system requirements and develop the logic design and acceptance test procedures, giving our clients insight into the development process and opportunity to review and modify their requirements as necessary.
Partnered for Success
As members of the Altera Design Services Network and the Xilinx Alliance Program, our engineering teams have access to comprehensive technical support directly from these top FPGA companies. Our partnerships allow us exclusive access to new devices, enabling us to deliver the highest quality FPGA solutions for advanced technology.
- Feasibility studies for cutting-edge applications
- System integration, architecture development, design optimization, and RTL coding in Verilog and VHDL
- Embedded software development for SoCs with soft and hard IP cores, DSP processing and algorithm development in FPGAs
- System testing and verification, including test bench development, RTL verification, post-synthesis simulation, and signal integrity analysis.
- IP Integration; connecting, modifying, and debugging third-party IP, such as video encoders/decoders and standard communication interfaces
FPGA Design Expertise
- High-speed communication protocols and interfaces (e.g. PCIe Gen 1/2/3, GbE, Fibre Channel, HDMI, SATA, XAUI, RapidIO, InfiniBand, SerialLite, HD-SDI)
- DSP algorithm development and digital signal processing in FPGAs
- Designs using audio and video compression standards and codecs, such as H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MP3, G.711
- High definition (including 4K) image and video processing pipelines
- High-speed memory interface designs, including DDR2, DDR3, QDR II, RLDRAM
FPGA Design Tools
FPGA programming and development with Altera Quartus II, Qsys, DSP Builder, SignalTap, Xilinx ISE and Vivado, Platform Studio, System Generator, ChipScopePro, LatticeIspLEVER, Synplify Pro, ModelSim, Aldec Riviera-PRO and Active-HDL, MATLAB/Simulink
Request a Consultation
Ask us how we can accelerate your next FPGA project!
Life Sciences Data Acquisition
• 14 A/D conversion channels (14-bit,25MSPS)