The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant in the Waterloo Design Centre is to ensure accurate and timely execution of administrative services involving AP/AR, HR, Procurement, Receiving, Health & Safety compliance and general office services.
This position is critical in supporting staff, clients, suppliers, vendors and visitors. Understanding of every day office administrative services is required and flexibility in delivering these services is essential. This role is a permanent full-time position with 40 hours of work per week required. Three or more years of experience in Administration, Facilities, Accounting and Purchasing functions for a small to medium sized technology firm is required. College degree in Bookkeeping/Procurement is an asset.
In these times of COVID, we’re adapting and doing things differently. Most employees work from home, coming into the office on an as-needed basis, for such things as hardware testing. An Administrative on-site presence is required to handle incoming packages/outgoing shipments and any requests for assistance. You will soon take over as the on-site Administrative person.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, QuickBooks (QB), Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Accurate, quick, logical and thorough in data entry and document management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Upbeat and professional approach in dealing with people
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a growth environment
- Organizational skills with the ability to plan and deliver on both short and long term tasks and projects
- Creative in finding new, interesting activities and events to constantly stimulate the NUTS culture
- Valid driver’s license and own automobile
- Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate staff
- Answer phone, distribute messages, transfer calls in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain/update the Nuvation Operating System (NOS) Engineering Resource Tracking Sheet for project time management
- Manage and distribute office mail
- Purchase/Replenish inventory of office supplies
- Purchase/Replenish first aid supplies
- Purchase/Replenish Coffee/lunch room supplies/food
- Create and manage purchase orders related to general office purchases
- Order lunch and pick up or arrange for timely delivery for meetings
- Assist with staff events (planning, set-up, food)
- Maintain Active employee phone lists, floor plans, current home address/telephone
- Maintain documents on Wiki
- Set up or clean desks for new hires, co-op’s, etc.
- Arrange for new hires business cards, desk nameplates
- Assist with employee meetings (set-up, food)
- Assist with meetings, and conference room schedules
- Interface with outside vendors for servicing of office equipment
- Maintain Accounting records room, (filing)
- Assist with AP/AR transactions using QB including:
- Scan vendor bills, save to appropriate directories
- Post bills to QB and NOS
- Maintain/Update Vendor records, (address, remittance information, etc.)
- Receive and scan cheques – Email advice to accounting dept.
- Deposit cheques at Bank
- Payroll Backup – Generate reports from NOS, Calculate adjustments in Excel, Submit adjustments to ADP, Generate Payroll reports from ADP, Calculate Payroll Delta (comparison from last payroll)
- Preparation of new employee/co-op documentation and forms
- Arrange regular Health & Safety Meetings
- Maintain and distribute Minutes and Agenda of the Health & Safety Meetings
- Coordinate Monthly facility H&S inspections
- Provide support for all supply chain procedures, from coordinating deliveries to managing shipping documentation, to assisting in end of quarter inventory count
- Receive/Record/Advise recipients for all inbound shipments
- Prepare/Record all outbound shipments, including the preparation of all shipping documents (waybill, commercial invoice, customs documents)
- Work with carriers, and other shipping personnel to manage freight and courier bookings
- Work with Customs to clear incoming/outgoing shipments
- Provide support / assistance with EDS procurement
- Assist in end of quarter inventory counting
- Tidy and maintain appearance of shared facilities such as meeting rooms and staff kitchen
- Interface with building facilities manager to report issues related to housekeeping services, HVAC, lighting, etc.