A Nuvation client in the defense industry was looking to redesign an alternate power unit for heavy military vehicle applications. We delivered a robust design to combat extreme temperatures, vibration, short circuits, transients, and other stresses the board was expected to endure.
- Incorporated surge stopper device to protect the board from a battery load dump event
- J1939 over CAN bus and K-Line (ISO-9141) bus interface communication modules
- Lightweight FreeRTOS used for a limited resources environment
- Embedded GUI
- Use of co-processor, shared memory, double-buffering, to speed up LCD display frame-rates
- Implemented software-based engine speed governor using PID loop and state logic