Nuvation Engineering’s hardware design services cover the full range of product development activities, from initial conceptualization through the management of volume production. Our print circuit board (PCB) design services include the development of digital and mixed-signal PCBs for a wide range of market applications. We have an impressive track record for first-time-right PCBs, including high-speed, high-density, digital, analog, high-voltage and RF and wireless designs. Our hardware design services include PCB design, schematic capture, layout, Bill of Materials review and optimization, prototyping, embedded software services, FPGA design, pre-production design verification, regulatory certification, test fixture development, and transition to manufacturing.
One of Nuvation Engineering’s key differentiators when creating PCBs as part of a hardware design project is our ability to provide more than just schematic-to-gerber PCB layout services. Upon request, Nuvation Engineering can provide engineering peer design reviews, signal integrity modeling, power delivery network (PDN) analysis and implementation.
PCB Design Expertise
- High-speed, multi-layer digital PCB designs, e.g. Fibre channel FC8, FDR InfiniBand, PCI Express Gen 2/3/4, HDMI, SATA, XAUI, USB 3.1, Thunderbolt, DisplayPort
- High-speed serial 1GHz to 10GHz circuits
- High-frequency RF PCB designs
- High-speed parallel circuits, e.g. DDR2/3/4, RLDRAM, QDR memory interfaces, proprietary buses
- High-density and high pin-count designs in advanced PCB technology, e.g. microvias, via-in-pad, ultra-fine pitch BGAs, ‘first-time-right’ methodologies
- Low-level analog PCB designs
- Test fixture PCBs
- Rigid-flex OCB
- Memory interfaces, e.g. DDR2, DDR3, DDR4
- Mixed-signal boards requiring noise / power isolation
- Signal Integrity: pre- and post-layout analysis and verification
- Impedance-controlled, transducer-interfacing, and sensitive signal designs
- RoHS/WEEE compliant lead-free designs
- New Product Introduction for high-yield, low-cost production, and IPC class 2 and 3 PCBs
- DFT (ICT coverage, JTAG test vector development, HALT, HASS)
- DFx for volume production (including BIST and test fixtures)
- Create PCB stack-ups to improve EMI/FCC issues
- HDI-buildup for boards with ultra-fine pitch high-density packages
- End-of-Life and cost-reduction redesigns
pCB Design Tools
Nuvation Engineering uses the most advanced technology and tools to meet your needs, including Altium Designer, Cadence OrCAD, Linear Technology LTspice, Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Solidworks, Polar, HyperLynx, SPICE, and HFSS.