Nuvation is looking for a motivated Staff IT System Administrator who is interested in a dynamic environment, with growth opportunities across several sub-disciplines within IT.
At Nuvation we are fanatical pragmatists who revere logic, process, repeatability, and methodology. You will be working with highly competent team members who are wired to respond to challenges with innovation.
If you are looking to expand your depth of experiences and are motivated to learn, this is the job for you!
- Direct User Support – You will be the person our users turn to when they need problems solved, barriers to productivity broken, and creative solutions to IT challenges
- On-boarding Users – As we bring new people on board, you will be responsible for ensuring all necessary IT resources and accesses are built and setup for their success
- IT Projects – You will be assigned specific IT projects to implement new systems and maintain existing systems
- Process Execution – You will be the person to execute various processes such as new project creation, user creation, permissions updates, system upgrades, etc.
- Systems Administration – You will work closely with the IT Manager and assist with managing and administration of server infrastructure
Qualifications & Requirements
The core skills to be successful in this position are:
- Basic Microsoft Windows Active Directory System Administration
- Windows 7 /10 desktop administrative experience
- Experience with Virtualization technologies
- PC Maintenance experience
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Independent and highly motivated learner
Experience in any of these areas would be preferred:
- VMWare Server Administration
- Linux System Administration
- Working experience with iSCSI storage systems
- Scripting experience
- Working knowledge of version control systems
University degree or College Diploma in IT, MIS, Computer Systems, related disciplines, or equivalent training/experience preferred
General Skills & Characteristics to be Successful at Nuvation
All Nuvation employees require a common set of general skills & characteristics – your capability in these areas will enable you to be successful at Nuvation. We take these skills and characteristics seriously – being a Nuvation employee requires more than just experience and role-specific skills.
- You want to learn, and you do so quickly
- You are effective at multi-tasking and switching gears by prioritizing, focusing, and adapting to the multiple concurrent tasks/projects at hand
- You are proficient at estimation and critical thinking
- You are organized, independent and self-managing
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You desire to work and collaborate with people and teams – you make your colleagues better and you grow from their contributions
- You focus on results, and with quality
- You are passionate and creative – with a willingness to go beyond the normal
- You are hands-on and practical
Nuvation Engineering offers competitive salaries with health, dental, vision, and disability benefits. All positions have opportunities for variety, innovation, and success. We have a fast-paced, yet relaxed work environment, and a unique corporate culture that will support and encourage you to perform at your personal best for your colleagues and our customers. We promise you respect, teamwork, and appreciation for a job well done.
Nuvation provides project-based engineering design services alongside manufacturing engineering and battery management products. In business since 1997, we are headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and have a full design center in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. For more details please see About Us.