A Nuvation client in the medical technology industry required a 14-channel data acquisition system for a life sciences instrument. The design required special considerations to keep the system noise very low.
- Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA with BPI Flash for configuration
- CFAST and SLIM SATA solid state storage drives
- 14 channels of 14-bit, 25MSPS Analog to Digital conversion
- Gigabit Ethernet, 2xPCIe (2.5Gbps), 7xUSB, SATA (3.0Gbps), CFAST (3.0Gbps), VGA, and LVDS video interfaces
- COM Express Single Board Computer (SBC)
- 6 DC/DC converters and 26 linear regulators
- Programmable power supply sequencing engine