Nuvation is looking for a talented, innovative Senior FPGA Designer, who successfully combines architecture skills, deep technical expertise, and project leadership. This is a full-time position in our Waterloo Office.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience working with multi-discipline teams, has sound knowledge of in FPGA architecture, design, simulation, and hardware validation, and is comfortable in a highly collaborative environment. Proven experience is a must, but so are technical creativity and the ability to learn.
In this role you will be a critical member and leader in Nuvation’s engineering group. If you are looking for constant challenges on a wide variety of design problems, this is the job for you.
ELECTRONIC DESIGN EXPERTS – FROM SURGICAL TOOLS TO SATELLITE SYSTEMS
Nuvation Engineering provides complex electronic design services to a wide range of organizations, from startups to Fortune 500 companies. We are one of the oldest electronic design firms in North America. Since 1997, we have completed over 1000 projects ranging from controls for underwater robots to computing platforms for satellites. There is a good chance that a device you own or have used was impacted in some way by our work!
- Engineering Execution – Actively contributing to the delivery of our Engineering Services. All levels of technical activity will be involved, ranging from design and development to in-lab bring-up. This will be your primary activity – creating new products for Nuvation and our customers, bringing into the world products that never existed before
- Technical Development – Developing your technical skills, knowledge and leadership through a work environment that provides mentoring and open collaboration
- Customer Interaction – Ensuring project success by working directly with team members to provide timely and accurate project updates to clients. Providing pre-sales and post-sales technical resources to support our Sales Account Managers
- System Architecture – Identify and define architecture level solutions that meet the technical and non-technical requirements of the system/product
- Technical Leadership – Leading, defining, and evolving FPGA development methodologies and resource
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of proven experience with FPGA architecture, design, implementation, synthesis constraints, timing closure, verification and validation experience with current Intel and Xilinx FPGA devices
- Proficient in Intel Quartus Prime and Xilinx Vivado tool sets
- Proficient with VHDL, Verilog and System Verilog Hardware Design Languages
- Experience with Active-HDL, ModelSim, Questa, or other simulation tools
- Experience with hardware validation tools including SignalTap, ChipScope, transceiver toolkit, JTAG consoles, etc.
- Able to work well individually or in small teams
- University degree or College Diploma in Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronics or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Exposure to both synchronous and asynchronous FPGA designs
- Experience with Avalon and AXI interfaces
- Experience with Nios and MicroBlaze soft-core processors
- Experience with hard-core FPGA processors
- Experience with PCIe, USB3, MIPI, DDR4, and high-speed serial protocols
- Experience working with video and imaging applications
- Design experience in a complementary discipline
WHO IS NUVATION?
Nuvation Energy and Nuvation Engineering are two brands under Nuvation, which was founded in 1997. Nuvation Energy provides battery control products and engineering services for energy storage, and Nuvation Engineering provides electronic design services to a wide range of industries. Our head office is in Silicon Valley, California and our research and development team is located in a 30,000 square foot facility in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Nuvation Energy is proud to be recognized as a part of Waterloo Region's Clean Economy Ecosystem.
Learn more about us here.