A client in the test and measurement industry asked Nuvation Engineering to create this platform for power supply testing and functionality testing of a multi-chip module in a large Ball Grid Array (BGA) form factor.
- 12-layer PCB Board
- Altera Cyclone V FPGA for signal I/O and test co-ordination
- 1760 pin thru-hole BGA socket, 1 mm pitch for multi-chip module
- 16 margined power supplies (GE Industrial PicoDLynx modules) controlled via PMBus
- Power sequencing, adjustable power rail voltages
- Power rail voltage and current measuring
- Challenging layout to provide up to 13A on some power rails into large socket thru-hole array